Monday, June 27, 2011

Tight spaces

Just found this post that I did over a MONTH ago that apparently never got officially posted! haha...For your reading pleasure, I'll post it anyway:

Addy and I finally decided to venture out of the apartment complex yesterday by ourselves.  I think we were both going a little stir-crazy.  I found a cute little playground park fairly close to us.  We drove there and I learned how to treat a 6-way stop...YES. SIX ways.  side-note: driving here is pretty crazy...that is part of the reason it took me 4 days to get up the guts to do it; not gonna mention the 2 times we got lost on our way home using GPS.  (One of the main streets we live on is blocked from the other side of traffic...for like 10 miles...meaning you can't turn left anywhere).  Anyway, it was a cute park and it was nice to get out, until it started to rain...

Coming home, I was a pro at the 6-way and came into our garage.  We had been assigned parking space #66.  It says "compact car" on our space.  I don't really think that our car classifies as "compact".  Does anyone even know the definition of "compact car"?  Maybe I'll have to look that up.  Anyway, we have been scared every time we go in and out of the car because in #67 there is a nice, yellow Porsche and in #65 there is a shiny white BMW.  When we went to church on Sunday, Seth shimmied in through the passenger side and climbed over to the driver's seat then backed the car out carefully and I put the babe and myself in the car.  (This is the other reason I have been scared to drive anywhere by myself...)  I kept thinking it was going to be a long summer of doing this and put it in the back of my mind to see if we could get a different spot.

When we left, I was relieved to see the Porsche gone so it was very easy to get in the car.  When we came home it was another story.  Both cars were in their spots.  I tried parking 3 times and almost had it, but then realized that it would be NEARLY impossible to get me out of the car and IMPOSSIBLE to get my toddler out if I went through with it.  Long story short, I made up my own spot back outside in the rain, went to the leasing office and demanded that they give me a different spot.  Okay, I didn't really demand...and they were really nice about it and now I have a corner spot that is the farthest possible stall but I can open both sides of my car doors fully!  YAY!

No comments: