Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Final Hours

I think you could successfully say, "We came, we saw, we conquered."
I had my doubts about coming to Seattle for the summer.  
I love the sun.  
I have spent the last 5 years in 110-115 degree weather in Las Vegas with blue skies almost every day.
The weather here has been surprisingly nice, cool, perfect on most days.  Pleasant.

I think I have fallen in love with Seattle.  This has been one of the greatest summers ever.
I told everyone I was going to treat it as a 12 week vacation, and I have!  
I haven't had to worry about work, church callings (lessons, activities, girls camp), housework, or projects.
All of that is anxiously waiting for me to get back.  It's nice to be missed sometimes :)
I am leaving sunny Seattle this evening.  Addy and I are flying home a few days early because they really need me at work (how great is it that they let me keep my job?!)  

Seth has absolutely loved Amazon.  
It was so challenging, yet so fulfilling.  
He received some excellent experience here that will definitely help him down the road. 
I am so proud of how well he has done.  
Who knows, maybe we'll be back here next year for a full-time position?

Yes, I think I'm going to miss this place.  
Especially:
the cleaning service that comes every other week,
the sacrament bread in the ward here
(some lady makes some sort of Ethiopian bread EVERY Sunday that is AHHHmazing),
the gorgeous view of Lake Union that I get to see everyday from our apartment,
cool summer weather,
the many parks, zoo, and activities that are so near.

I guess it's time to get back to the real world.




  


No comments: