Sunday, September 6, 2009

pregnancy thoughts

I know that we said our next post would probably be a baby announcement...well, it's NOT! We are still patiently waiting and it got me to thinking that I haven't really recorded or written much about being pregnant. While I could probably complain about a million things right now, I have decided to do the opposite. Overall, pregnancy has been a great experience for me (so far)...Here are some things that I am going to MISS about it:

  • The early weeks of pregnancy when only Seth and I knew our little special little secret...
  • Being able to finally share our secret with family and friends in clever ways and watching their reactions...
  • Waking up one Sunday morning feeling the first fluttering kicks of life inside me...
  • Having those flutters then turn into bigger, stronger, movements and secretly loving it because it's only something that I know... (and I think I am going to miss those occasional kick in the ribs)
  • Using the excuse that I can't bend down or carry something because I'm pregnant...
  • People telling me how small I am and giving me compliments when I am the biggest I have been in my entire life and feel like an elephant...
  • The random discussions it starts with people and the instant bond you get/have with others (everyone has a pregnancy story)...
  • Eating whatever I want, when I want it (okay, I pretty much did this anyway, but I don't think I'll be able to keep it up much longer)...
  • Using my belly as a table to hold my cereal bowl, ice-cream bowl, etc, etc...
  • Imagining what she will look like...
  • Having the excuse to pamper myself with manicures, pedicures and massages...
  • Looking at my growing bump in the mirror and knowing there's a person in there!
  • Having Seth kiss and snuggle my belly, sing to it, read to it and feel her movements...
  • Getting to occasionally butt in line for the restroom...
  • Baby showers! I have had some amazing showers from awesome friends and family who put so much work into them. I am reminded and amazed at people's generosity and thoughtfulness...
  • I have loved shopping for baby stuff with Seth (especially fun since we're having a girl) and discussing everything baby related from names to parenting and watching his face light up with excitement each time...
I am so excited to finally meet this little girl, to see who's been rolling and thumping around inside of me, hold her, dress her, and cover her head with kisses...hopefully it's not too much longer!!!

7 comments:

Rob & Autum said...

Good Luck! I hope you don't have to wait too long and delivery goes well for you. I can't wait to see her!

Reading your post made me a little teary-eyed. Seeing and holding your little baby for the first time is even better than you can imagine! I know everyone says it but it is so true...enjoy every moment because time goes so quickly!

Scott and Haley said...

I agree with everything you said! I loved pregnancy. The only thing I would add is the anticipation. I am so excited for you guys. Espesially because you are having a girl. It is still a little sureal that I am a mom. That first year and a half....watching her grow and discover things. Her first smile, first giggle, being completely dependent on you, she calms down when you hold her of if she hears your voice. The was she holds on to your finger. Then she starts to talk. You have been a mom for months but then someone actually starts calling you Mom. You can hear the pitter patter of little feet in the morning coming to get you out of bed.....then she sits are your lap while you are leaving a comment on your friends blog and she things she can type! Pregnancy is fun, but there are many more adventtures to come! I am so excited good luck with it all. I have a present for you I just need to send it. I will send it this weeekend.

Whitney said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys to have a baby! I will keep checking your blog so you better post as soon as she comes :)

Romney Family said...

Lindsay, I am so excited for you! Good luck with the labor and delivery. I can't wait to see her! Have you decided on a name yet? Post pictures of her as soon as you can.

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

For someone who was so sick being prego and didn't really enjoy it, you actually made me miss it! However, having your baby here is much better!! You'll love it.

JJ&K said...

Ok I just read this post and it totally made me cry! Being pregnant was really hard for me, but reading this made me miss so of those things. I really miss feeling my baby move inside, and I miss her hiccups making my belly shake! Also so glad Adalyn is finally here and that you two are enjoying her!

AMIT said...

Yes this time is very difficult for both husband and wife.

Web hosting india