Sunday, September 20, 2009

Introducing...

Adalyn Rae Gonzalez!!!

Our precious baby girl finally made her appearance in the world on September 14, 2009 at 4:32 AM. She was 20 inches long and weighed 10 pounds even...yup, I said 10 pounds! This was a huge surprise to everyone, including my doctor who just 4 days earlier had estimated her to be about 7 pounds...

We went to the hospital on Sunday night at 7:30 for a scheduled induction, since I was a week past my due date. (FYI-The pictures were taken by an awesome photographer, Jessica--check out her blog withoutaplace.blogspot.com) I have to admit, I was a little hesitant about having her there, but I love the pictures that were taken to capture this huge day in our lives...



The epidural was AMAZING!!! I really didn't feel a thing...and there is NO WAY I could have done it without one!

I ended up progressing really fast...I went from 5 cm to 10 cm in about an hour right after my water broke. Seth was sleeping and woke to me telling him it was time to push!





We love our sweet Adalyn, she has been such a great baby so far with her mellow demeanor. It is crazy that she is finally here, we have been waiting almost 6 years for her! It seems like she has already changed so much in the 6 short days that we have had her. We are excited for this next chapter in our lives and our family. We can't wait to see what experiences lay ahead and look forward to the memories we'll create. All we can say is ... here goes nothin' ;)

17 comments:

Scott and Haley said...

She is Adorable!!!! Congrats to the new parents and congrats to Adalyn. I promise I will send your present soon. I am just a slacker.

*natalie said...

Congratulations! Adalyn is beautiful and I am so happy that everything went well. The pictures turned out great. I love that you did that.

A week past your due date!? Mercy, you are a trooper...Lucy was 1 day late and I swear if she was any later I would have had a complete breakdown.

Unknown said...

Congrats! She is beautiful...just like her mommy! I hope you love motherhood as much as I do. Good luck, I know you'll be great parents!

Leslee said...

Congrats...she is so cute! I'm glad everything went well! Good luck with everything!!

Julie T. said...

TEN POUNDS!?!? How did a tiny thing like you have such a big baby?! She is SO beautiful:) The pictures are awesome. The one where Seth is kissing your head makes me tear up. The whole experience is so miraculous- and that picture summs it up really well. Hope everyone is doing well!!

Parry Family said...

Congrats and good luck! Love the pictures you look so good for being in labor. Adalyn is beautiful.

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

She is so adorable!! And oh my gosh I love the pictures. I can't believe she was 10 pounds!! Way to go Lindsey!

Tosha G said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby.

Blackham Family said...

Congralations you guys. She is a cutie and way to go Lindsay your a trooper. Enjoy the time when there little they grow up sooo fast.

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh she is adorable!!! Congrats you guys! I am so jealous you have those amazing pictures of the hospital.....

The Hawkins said...

I love you guys and wish I was there. I can't wait to meet her and hold her and kiss her. Congratulations. She is so cute and so big! Holy Cow. You popped out a 3 month old!

Romney Family said...

Congratulations you two! She is so adorable. I'm glad that she is finally here. I can't wait to meet her (probably next summer). The pictures really are great. When Tannen was born we forgot our camera in the car, so most of the pictures we have of those first moments are with Brian's phone. I have a gift for you but I need to know Adalyn's nursery colors first. I am glad that everything went well. Good luck with her. Girls are so much fun!

HammondFam said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is beautiful!! I can't believe you pushed out a TEN pound baby...whew!! Wow, those shots are amazing! We are so happy for you guys, and hope to meet Adalyn someday!:)

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Oh man, those pictures are beautiful...I love that you had a photographer there...it really is one of the biggest events of your lives, it's definitely necessary to document. She is gorgeous and so are you Linz!!! Wholy cow! Did you get ready to have a baby? You look great...and you all look so happy. I'm so excited for you. It really is quite the adventure. I just updated on the rest of your Europe trip too and I was laughing so hard...you guys are hilarious, I only wish you lived closer so I could hear all the funnies! I just love you two, now you three! I'm so glad you got to travel before baby came...we did the same except I was still in my first trimester and was woozy the majority of the time...at least you got to enjoy all the food without worrying it might come back out. Love you guys. Congratulations. Enjoy every second!

Rory, Trina, Katy, and Trey said...

Congrats! what a beautiful baby. I love the pics. That is such a great idea. You will always treasure those pictures that change your life forever.

Matt and Jacki said...

So I am just now getting on your blog wondering if you had had the baby yet. I am four weeks away and hope that I have him before Halloween. We have all these halloween outfits that I don't want to go to waste. And can I say that I am shocked by the ten pounder. WOW! I hope I don't have that solid of a baby. She is beautiful though. Look at that head of hair. Such a cutie. I am excited for you two. The pictures made me cry. Guess the pregnancy is catching up with me. Love you two.

AMIT said...

Congrats.Baby is very cute.

Web hosting india