Monday, February 24, 2014

Handy Helpers

These are a bunch of random pictures from my phone from the last few months. I just had to share some of the most "helpful" moments.

 
 Our ward and stake hosted a Creche event (Nativity displays) at Christmas and I helped with set-up and take-down. Cohen was helpful too. He climbed right up on this dolly and figured out he could drive it like the Flinstone car.  Luckily, he didn't break anything.

 He is very helpful when he's all done eating. He removes his bib himself and stands up and proclaims "all done!" 

 
 Can't forget to add this little gem. My mom helped encourage this while Seth and I were gone for 8 days on a cruise to the Caribbean. 

Addy likes to dress up and play "princess", "family" and "school".  She asked me to play the wicked step-mother here and tell her to do chores.  Who says you can't get anything done when you're pretending?

  I think I'm going to need a new set of dishes and glasses soon. I think Cohen was trying to be helpful with the dishes again, or maybe just hinting to me that I needed to sweep the floor. It's always helpful when this happens as you are trying to rush out the door in the morning.

  When it comes to the vacuum, my kids could not be more opposite.  Addy has always been deathly afraid of the vacuum (and still is). Cohen on the other hand, thinks it's a game whenever I decide to vacuum. He runs to it, climbs on it, chases it, runs away from it laughing, and tries to take over with pushing it. 

  This girl likes to cook. At 4 years old she is a PRO at cracking eggs. I can always count on her to help me bake or cook something yummy. 

  She is also so great at unloading the dishwasher and sometimes loading it. She loves to climb up on the counter and put everything neatly away where it goes.

 
 
Cohen's job is the silverware. I make sure to remove all sharp objects first though. He can't see over the drawer so he just flings them in. Sometimes I fix them, sometimes I don't. Makes it more exciting that way.

  Cohen also likes to help with the microwave. Having it right at his level is very convenient. He likes to help cook socks, balls, papers, pens, etc etc. You name it, he has probably stuck it in.(sidenote: notice the shoes---inevitable when you have an older sister obsessed with all things princess)

All in all, I kinda like these little "helpers" of mine.  I guess I'll let them keep helping out.

No comments: