Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cohen

So, it's been a while.  Much has happened.  I have a ton to catch up on.  Most importantly, a very important member of our family hasn't even made an appearance on our little blog yet.  On June 13, 2012 Cohen joined our family making us a foursome.  Boy, do we love him!  He is so mellow and genuinely happy.

My due date was supposed to be June 24, so he made his way into the world a little early, unlike his older sister who we had to force out a week late. I started having hard contractions around 1 or 2 am and we were admitted and in our hospital room just before 5am.  Things happened fast, my doctor was called, I received an epidural (not as pleasant of an experience this time around...but still grateful for it), doctor broke my water and within a few minutes I was ready to push. The doctor was turning the baby in between contractions so he wouldn't come head up, I pushed 7 or 8 times and baby was here! Born at 6:41am, weighed 7 lbs 15 oz, 19.5 inches long. 

I got to hold him immediately, which I loved.  He was screaming and they placed him on my chest and the second I touched him he stopped crying.  Seth cut the cord and I just got to hold my baby for about a 1/2 hour while being stiched up.  It was my favorite part, it was like I was literally holding a little piece of heaven. So so awesome!  It made the difficult pregnancy melt away, we are so blessed to have another healthy child!






 The new family of four!

 Addy loves her brother!




 We had a hard time deciding on a name, we couldn't make it official until we asked the toddler sister.  She verified that his name should be Cohen.  Why is naming kids so hard?!? I don't know why I don't have a picture with the other grandparents. I'm blaming it on no sleep... A lot of people came to see us in the hospital, which was so nice! Grandpa G gave me some gorgeous flowers and the new grandson a BYU beanie and blanket and of course a new stuffed animal :)
 Great Grandma A with Cohen


 Great Grandma B with Cohen



 It was only a matter of time until they both fell asleep...

 First bath



No comments: