Monday, September 27, 2010

~Monday Musings~

We had a fantastic weekend! We enjoyed an afternoon at the cabin for my brother, Zac and my mom's birthday dinner. It is so pretty on the mountain right now. Seriously, it was like the leaves were so vibrant yellow that they were smacking me in the face on the drive up. The weather was perfect!

Addy started saying grandpa earlier this week! I went down and canned some peaches with my mom, so my dad got to pay some special attention to Adalyn while we were working. He took her out to see the horses (hee hees), llamas, chickens, rooster, and whatever else lives in our neighbors back yard. He played with her and the dog all afternoon. The next day when I mentioned grandpa, she lit up and said, "pamp-pa?" and has been saying it ever since.

We were all entertained by watching Addy and the dog eat cheerios off grandpa's knee.



Did I mention it is my mom's 50th birthday? (today, actually...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!)
I made a little scrapbook from all the kids of 50 reasons why we love her...even though she wanted an ipod, I think it was a hit ;)


50 candles makes quite the fire


Some of her friends came and decorated the outside of the house with 50 pink flamingos. The sign says "We PINK we know who's 50"


My brother, Jared and his wife, Natalie came from VA to bless their baby. Connor and Addy both love watching the dog be silly and chase after the laser light (the dog goes crazy)

Addy LOVES corn on the cob!


Our attempt at taking a picture with everyone in it...minus Elder Bench. It's hard. Sorry mom, your eyes are closed (no surprise though right? haha)

Who knows when the next time we will all be together...but, one things for sure, it will be a PARTY!


1 comment:

nat said...

What a fun weekend!!