Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chili anyone?

We had a great time carrying Adalyn around at our ward's Halloween "Harvest Festival" last night. The flier on Sunday said there would be games for candy, a pie eating contest, a root beer chug-a-lug, and a chili cook-off. We had a brilliant idea on how to capitalize on this after seeing a chili pepper costume online ... which we scored for $1 on ebay! So we figured ... let's have Addy be our entry into the chili cook-off! Right when we walked in the judges said that she won for sure. No contest!

Some people enter their kids into baby pageants ... we enter ours into chili cook-offs ...


Sure she's cute now, but when she's old enough she'll be saying, "did you really do this to me?" Addy ... that's just how your parents roll. haha!


Adalyn sitting next to her competition. (Don't worry, the stove wasn't on)

Don't we look like the Swedish Chef from the Muppets? Derby der--schmorgady borg borg! (that came from Seth) By the way, you'll be interested to know that it was way cheaper to buy actual chef uniforms online than it would have been to buy a chef costume ... by about half the price!

8 comments:

KK said...

You guys are so clever. Love the costumes!

SarahC said...

I love it! Very creative!

Whitney said...

haha I love it! of course you guys come up with something clever.....

*natalie said...

That is the cutest idea ever!

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

You guys are hilarious! Oh man, she is gonna be full of personality with parents like you two goons! Did you really win the contest? If you didn't, then I would say, 'what a crock!' Hee hee

JJ&K said...

Too Cute! Love it and I'm sure she will hate you guys for doing that to her in about 13 yrs....maybe sooner!!! love you guys!

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Hey Linds! The bands are $15.00 and the faces are $10.00. I also have bracelets, scarfs, baby burp rags and wipey cases, and baby bracelets. Let me know if there's something specific you're thinking of and I can send it out to you. I'm doing another open house on November 14th, but I totally don't expect you to drive up for it. I'll be making a post soon, so I'll put some pictures on there and you can let me know if you like any...I would love to do a custom order for you!

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Oh, my! This is the cutest idea ever. I LOVE IT!
The pic of her sleeping is priceless!